Wüsthof Classic Mini Chai Dao Knife - 5"
Bringing contemporary features to the most iconic blade shapes, the Classic Half-Bolster Blade Assortment is defined by its streamlined half-bolster design. This updated bolster allows for full use of the edge's cutting surface and permits effective sharpening along the entire length of the blade. In addition, each of the blades in the Classic Half-Bolster Blade Assortment are 20% lighter than their counterpart in the Classic collection, making them as light and agile as they are comfortable.
Wusthof's best-selling collection for generations, Classic series full tang knives are precision-forged from a single piece of an exclusive high-carbon stainless steel. Classic knives feature a handle made of a highly durable synthetic material – Polyoxymethylene (POM) – which has a tight molecular structure to resist fading and discoloration. The Classic 5" Half-Bolster Hollow Edge Mini Chai Dao Knife is designed with a thinner blade than the traditional chef's knife, at a 10° cutting edge, and features a rounded edge. The hollow edge is crafted with evenly spaced vertical indentations, which create small air pockets between the blade and the food. These small air pockets gently push food off the blade and reduce friction and drag. This knife allows cooks to effortlessly prep a wide array of fresh produce, including starchy vegetables like potatoes, which tend to stick to a knife’s blade.
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stainless steel.
- Full tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control.
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention.
- Tempered to 58 Rockwell.
- Comfortable and highly-durable polyoxymethylene (POM) handle with a traditional look and feel, stickered with our red Trident logo.
- Half-bolster and finger guard.